The Daily Erosion Project (DEP) is continually refining its processing and updating input databases. With each update, the entire archive is reprocessed with the data updated for the 2007-yesterday period. This page documents the changes made to the DEP database.
27 June 2022 :: Expansion
- 1458 new HUC12s were added in Nebraska. As when we add other areas, it will take a few days for the results to settle down. This area also features our first foray into prescribed irrigation.
7 June 2022 :: Expansion
- 147 new HUC12s were added from the Minnesota Headwaters region and around Green Bay. Please give the results from this area a few days for reprocessing to complete.
29 April 2022 :: Reprocessed Inputs + Expansion
- Entire input database updated with updated flowpaths, 2021 land management, FY2022 SURGO soils, and updated residue estimates.
- HUC12 coverage increased from 4,618 to 5,087 with newly added regions in Illinois and Nebraska
- Number of modeled flowpaths increased from 577,014 to 641,364. Present daily runtime finishes at about 5 AM Central Time.