The Daily Erosion Project (DEP) is continually refining its processing and updating input databases. With each update, the entire archive is reprocessed with the data updated for the 2007-yesterday period. This page documents the changes made to the DEP database.
14 July 2022 :: Expansion
- 80 new HUC12s were adding in various small holes over the domain as input processing has improved and edge cases resolved. There are now 6,655 HUC12s covered by the DEP model domain.
27 June 2022 :: Expansion
- 1458 new HUC12s were added in Nebraska. As when we add other areas, it will take a few days for the results to settle down. This area also features our first foray into prescribed irrigation.
7 June 2022 :: Expansion
- 147 new HUC12s were added from the Minnesota Headwaters region and around Green Bay. Please give the results from this area a few days for reprocessing to complete.
29 April 2022 :: Reprocessed Inputs + Expansion
- Entire input database updated with updated flowpaths, 2021 land management, FY2022 SURGO soils, and updated residue estimates.
- HUC12 coverage increased from 4,618 to 5,087 with newly added regions in Illinois and Nebraska
- Number of modeled flowpaths increased from 577,014 to 641,364. Present daily runtime finishes at about 5 AM Central Time.